« Home | Far be it from me to advocate vandalism... » | That's what I like about the maritimes... » | Manley's out. » | And they're off part two » | And they're off! » | A Modest Proposal » | What's next? » | The Aftermath » | The Eve » | The Outset »

A question about the CPC day care proposal...

If I had my act together during the election campaign I would have started trying to dig up more details about the Conservative daycare proposal then. I actually missed the local candidates debate and later on when I managed to talk to the NDP candidate he didn't know any more about it than I do.

Knowing very little about the Canadian right-wing, except that for the most part I don't trust them, I am determined to dig into this a bit more. The idea of someone I don't trust giving me $1200 seems a little weird. You know - icky.
According to their policy document the child care dollars are in addition to existing benefits - the Canada Child Tax Benefit, National Child Benefit Supplement, and the child-care expense deduction.

Sounds grand, doesn't it? A little too grand, if you ask me, which you didn't, but that's the kind of guy I am. There is a string in here somewhere that I haven't found that I'm sure if you pull it... If anyone has some more information on what this might mean, feel free to share. I'm going to start prowling and will post whatever I find.