PoliticsWatch has a good summary of what's to come
in the next sitting of the parliament. Read if for yourself, but here are the highlights:
- Everyone's too scared to call another election so the Conservatives will have their way for a while if they don't get too stupid
- It might be up to a year before the Liberals find a new leader because they will want the time to dig themselves out of debt. (Bet they would have moved much more quickly if Chairman of the Board McKenna jumped in the race!)
- Parliament should sit around the first of April.
- The Conservatives' big ticket items will be accountability, GST cut, crime, childcare, patient wait time guarentee, and (maybe) the federal-provincial fiscal imbalance and gay marriage.
- PW believes that all but childcare should go through with various coalitions on a by-issue basis. Gay marriage is the exception, it will be a free vote that PW thinks will be close, but any changes are unlikely to pass.