« Home | Harper announces Senate elections... » | Please, please, please... » | Sometimes you bite the dog... » | Ultimatum for Halifax School Board » | What underlies Bush's port fiasco? » | On selecting judges... » | Emerson on softwood lumber » | Taking Over, One State at a Time » | An Interesting Essay on the War on Drugs » | I really, really hope you're reading this on a wir... »

Update on the Halifax Regional School Board...

Just read the linked article about the Halifax school board fiasco and it provides a lot of details that I didn't know. To state more fully, it provides a lot of details that I didn't know before I shot my mouth off in previous scribbles on the topic. Oh yes, there is indeed childishness at work here, but if Stephen Kimber is right, and I respect his journalism greatly, then the guilty parties are not those that have been making the headlines.

This school board is badly, badly broken, and to my eyes the only way to fix it is to get rid of everyone currently sitting and run new elections. Oh yeah, and don't let anyone re-offer, either. And put the goddamn chairs back where they were.

Go read the article.

I think I'd also add firing the School Board Superintendant.

Once again.... I am so happy that I am not part of that school board. That was a very interesting piece! I agree that the entire board and the stupidintendant should be tossed and a new board re-elected. I am sad for Doug Sparks. For he has done a lot of good but all of it overhsadowed by his obnoxious outbursts over small items.
Carol Olsen is a wasted S.I.N. number, too!

Paul

Post a Comment