« Home | Irony or Orwell... or both? » | Nerf Politics! » | Your Bill is Past Due » | An Open Question » | This is how blowback happens... » | Air assault in Iraq » | Bush confirms committment to peaceful resolution o... » | Impeachment or impalement? » | The Unholiest of Alliances » | An Update on the U.N. »

It's not every day...

...that someone gets told to "shut the hell up" by a Senator! And no, not the hockey-playing kind.

It's interesting that in the linked CBC article on the remarks today by Celine Hervieus-Payette, they felt the need to draw a comparison with Carolyn Parrish. I mean, what really can you do to a Senator? Especially when they're right?

Seal on!

Victims of Iraqi war & Victims of gun violence.

Seals.

Apples & Oranges, I'm thinking.

But I like her style.

Flash... Closer to Watermelons and a pomengranate seeds. In my opinion.

I would love to see more Canadian politicians step up to the plate like this.

Apples and oranges, watermelons and pomegranates, who cares.

She's 100% right - Americans have too much in their own backyards to clean up before picking something silly that they know nothing about to attack. Especially something that doesn't affect them in any conceivable way.

I'm going send the White House an email telling them that I'm not going to the States this year to protest something. I'm not sure what I'm protesting yet. Any ideas?

Hey, Budweiser - they sell that shit here in Canada and that's just wrong. I'm going to write a letter to W and tell him to keep his canned catpiss at home.

I'll cc Labatt's too, don't worry.

On a similar note I noticed that Fisheries upped the Quota on the hunt by 5000. If you check my earlier post on the seal hunt thread you mght come to the conclusion that they're listening to me. Now if I can only get them to grant tax free status to cabinetmakers.

Don't worry, Doug - someday cabinet makers will be recognized as the heros they truly are. As for the Senator's comments - right on! Any American who buys the spin and outright lies that people like the IFAW spread about the seal hunt are more than welcome to boycott this country and stay home - we've got enough homegrown idiots in Canada without having to import them from away.

Post a Comment