« Home | Condi for prez? » | The sad, strange tale of Peggy Draper... » | Good read... » | More idiocy from the craven Right » | Catholic bishop displays uncanny grasp of reality... » | Crank up the Machine that goes 'Ping!' » | We get our information from responsible places - l... » | Seals decapitated by moving ice » | A purely technical HTML request » | Media Distortion? Since When? »

Hurt, I tell you, hurt

After setting himself up as a lame-duck premier by announcing his announcement to resign in a year and a half and then presenting arbitrary rules to control the race to replace him, he's hurt, hurt I tell you! that his support within the party has plummetted to 55%. Hurt and whiny, too, if this comment can be taken at face value:
"Given the results of this vote, I intend to meet with party officials and my staff to discuss my next step," Klein said. "I will do this as quickly as possible and announce a decision about my future shortly."
If that doesn't sound like he's about to take his football home, I don't know what it is.

He does still have some support in the party, Ty Lund says that he should be credited with eliminating the provincial debt and making the province an "economic powerhouse".

It had nothing, nothing to do with the price of oil. Nothing at all.

Stick a fork in Ralph!! He's done. It is over - finished - kaput - fini! Good bye and don't let the door hit you in the aXX on your way out!

Anyone else besides me find it ironic that has Klein apparently learned nothing from Chretian's retirement debacle? Or maybe he has, and he wants to screw up his successor just like Chretian did. In either case I'm with leftdog. I'll be glad to see the back of him. I've never been able to speak or write his name without fighting the urge to add the phrase "His Corporate Masters" somewhere in the sentence.

As a new resident in Alberta, I have had a chance to talk to many Albertans and they have so far unanimously said that Klein needs to go. They also agree, as Kevin has mentioned before, that a trained monkey could have gotten the province out of debt with the profits of the oilsands here. On a side note I wish a trained monkey could handle Atlantic Canada's natural gas so that NS could reap the benefits better.

I will say this for Klein, he was not afraid to speak his mind, where most other politicians would use some political double speak. Too bad that what came out of his mind was sometimes best kept in his mind.

It would take more than a few trained monkeys out here, Dan. There just isn't enough to spur anything big. At least not yet. I think there is some hope for Newfoundland - there is talk of some more seismic and drilling in the Orphan Basin this year and loads of new exploration seismic in the Lab Sea.

Actually, that was Paul. I'll agree with you that Natural Gas isn't big enough to get excited about yet - however, it wouldn't hurt for the various Provincial Governments to get their acts together beforehand. Oil, on the other hand, is coming along swimmingly - Newfoundland actually posted a surplus this year!

On webboards, Ralph's little crybaby act would properly be called a 'flounce'. Oh the maturity.

Post a Comment