« Home | A brave new world... » | What Happens in Vegas, or, Waiting for Khan » | Now that's an interesting take... » | Budweiser - the official chilled cat piss of the W... » | Tories win narrow minority in Nova Scotia... » | Those damn pacifists! » | You'll Spend Hours, Trust Me... » | Typical... » | Javis, Javis, Javis... » | The Conservatives announce the launch of silly sea... »

I am a proud Libertarian Lefty

Now that I've let my Libertarian / Commie secret out of the bag, I might as well share some evidence of it to you all. You might have seen this quiz before and if not, doubtlessly you've seen some others like it. Clicking on the picture will take you to the site to do the quiz. Go ahead and do it, it only takes about 10 minutes and it's interesting.

Feel free to post your results as comments here, particularly the other 'koggers. I'd like to see just who we're dealing with here :) For what it's worth, the raw numbers for my score are (-8.75) for Left/Right and (-7.23) for Libertarian/Authoritarian.

I'm with you in this kevvyd. I often have these two demons fighting it out in my head. And my score is around the same spot.

Some days I really want to be a libertarian in the economic sense but I just can't go all the way.

Economic Left/Right: -7.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.44
Just a little more of a rightie, I guess, but still in Gandhi/Mandela territory.
I think it's impossible for a thinking person not to consider events and conditions in context; this makes for interesting dilemmas.

Economic Left/Right: -5.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.08

I wonder how many Liblogers are from this territory...

Robert -> That was the question that I thought might come up here. I have a feeling that by and large we would inhabit this quadrant, which might be news to the right-wingers that by and large think of us as big-government, power-from-the-people types.

I think you guys would be surprised at the number of us Dippers in that range as well....

Economic Left/Right: -8.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.05

I love this quiz. It really helps to sort out the problems which people like Mussolini, Stalin, and Hitler cause for the traditional political spectrum which only has one axis.

Paul,

Prowling around on their site I found this page, where they attempt to infer how public political figures would plot using public statements they have made. If you scroll down you'll find George Bush in the upper right.

Right where you'd expect.

Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.85

Little bit more of a leftie/libertarian than the Dalai Lama, which is odd, considering that I work as part of a government bureaucracy...

Roadpig,
It may sound noble to support struggling artists to allow our culture to flourish but using public funds to support art that cannot survive on its own (i.e.: ballet) is unacceptable.

And don't support it and all you'll be left with is pop culture with little or no connection to history or heritage.

Hope you like Canadian Idol.

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 8.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.59

:)

Hey we finally have someone another quadrant. Welcom, Meaghan! I'll update the graph later in the weekend.

Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.92

Economic Left/Right: -6.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.49

Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.67

I found a lot of those questions very... ambiguous. Less than 40% of my answers were 'certain'. It's too bad the range of answer wasn't more varied to give a range of possible scores, rather than two definite scores.

Economic: -5.3
Social: -1.9

I'm winning the Authoritarian race! Wooo!

(Kev, this is Dave, plot me!)

Post a Comment